Post Graduate Planning
Welcome to the Postgraduate Department at Collier High School, run by Nancy Del Papa, the Postgraduate Counselor, and Summer Vitale, the Postgraduate Assistant. We are here to help students explore and develop their postsecondary interests and plans for after graduation. Through collaboration with the student, families, child study teams, and Collier teachers and staff, it is our goal that each student develops a plan to ensure a smooth transition from Collier High School.
Some things the department offers includes:
- Individual meetings with the Postgraduate Counselor to develop and actualize postsecondary plans.
- Information on 2-year and 4-year colleges, vocational schools and technical institutes, apprenticeship and trade options, the Armed Forces, and employment and volunteer opportunities.
- Career interest inventories to help students discover and explore career interests.
- Career Day, offering an opportunity for students to meet and speak to professionals within their intended field.
- Workshops and speakers, including: 2-year and 4-year college groups, college tours and admissions presentations, information sessions on trades and apprenticeship programs, independent living and money management, and employment.
- SAT prep club and practice testing for community college placement testing.
- Information on support services and accommodations at the postsecondary level.
- Student and parent workshops on financial aid and completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).